Law Offices Of

D. Scott Lautner



If you and your spouse have custody disputes, if you are married and paternity of any of the children is in question, if you want support (alimony) or if there is any marital property which hasn't already been satisfactorily divided, it is a good idea to get an attorney to represent you. If the case is complicated, you do not know how to proceed, or you are unsure how to proceed, consult us to help protect your interests.

Child Support/Alimony

Children have the right to financial support from both parents. It does not matter if the parents are married to each other.

The same rules about child support apply to parents who are married, parents who are not married, and parents who never lived together.

If the other parent is not supporting your children, you can go to court to get a child support order.


There are different types of custody arrangements which are appropriate in different situations. These custody arrangements are defined by law. 

The types of custody are:  Sole legal custody, Shared legal custody, Sole physical custody, and Shared physical custody.  

Protection from Abuse (PFA)

You can file for protection if the person who has threatened or is trying to harm you is: 1. or was your spouse; 2. or was living with you in a common-law marriage or as your boyfriend/girlfriend; 3. the parent of your child; 4. your child; 5. or was a sexual or intimate partner; 6. your parent; or 7. related to you by blood or marriage.  An adult or emancipated minor can file for a protection order. If the abused person is a minor, then a parent, adult household member or guardian ad litem can file on behalf of the child.

Property Distribution

Division of property, also known as equitable distribution, is a judicial division of property rights and obligations between spouses during divorce. It may be done by agreement, through a property settlement, or by judicial decree.